Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Functional Programming eXchange 2015 is coming.
- The #fsharp channel on fpchat.com is the biggest language specific channel! 256 unique people have come to talk about F# so far!
- Visual F# PowerTools features at “Visual Studio Extensibility Resources“
- RegexProvider is renamed to FSharp.Text.RegexProvider
- TransAlt- experimental async combinators lib (stm+hopac+joinads)
- F# plugin for SonarQube
- First version of Suave Tutorial via @GitBookIO, make sure to check it out and tell what you think!
- Parallel build for F# projects in Visual Studio 2013.
- Facket is a package manager for C++ written in F#.
- Making the Case for using F# with Tomas Petricek
- Domain Modeling in F# with Tomas Petricek
- Type Providers in F# with Tomas Petricek
- Deploying an F# Web Application with Suave
- Scientific instrument control with F# – ant_pt
- For A Few Dollars More – Phil Trelford
- Data Visualization with Plotly – Taha Hachana
- 10 Helpful Online Resources for Learning F# – Andreas Schlapsi
- //Build Word Count! – Jamie Dixon
- Distributed computing done right? Actors. – Hodza Nassredin
- F# makes headway in the enterprise and with older developers – Phil Johnson
- Ncrafts : Machine learning the F# way – Aurélien Galtier
- Using F# in Sublime Text on Linux Mint – Jan Van Ryswyck
- F# Friday – The sort and sortBy Functions – Brad Collins
- Modelling game states with Active Patterns – Isaac Abraham
- Using higher-order functions to bypass lack of structural typing – Zeckul
F# vNext News
- Try out the almost completed Visual F# 4.0 for Visual Studio 2015. Help Visual F# team find the last bugs.
- Recently proposed ideas:
- Paket 1.9.0
- FsPickler v 1.2.9 has now been released with support for registration of user-defined picklers.
- Akka.FSharp 1.0.2
- Freya 1.0.185
- Arachne 1.0.7 (parsers and types for HTTP and related RFCs)
- Hopac 0.0.0.47
- FSharp.Data.HList 0.1.2
- Logary 3.3.1
- FSharp.RDF 1.0.54
- F# mode for Emacs 20150604.1028
- Destructurama.FSharp 1.0.10
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #22