23/03/2015 Leave a comment
Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- F# community, please help F# 4 by hosting a Bug Bash Dojo at your local meetup!
- WebSharper 3.0 RC is released!
- Don’t miss three F# webcasts next Tuesday “Domain Modelling with the F# Type System“, “Mobile App Development with Xamarin and F#“, “F# for the C# Developer“.
- Welcome a new m-brace site.
- Code example for IBM Watson Developer Cloud API calls in F#.
- Interested in building F# support for Atom? Join the discussion.
- Welcome ID3TagProvider.
- MSBuild is open-source now.
- Using the MathDotNet Numerics MKL native provider in F# interactive & LINQPad is much simpler in v3.6
- FAKE released with VB6 support.
- The F# Path to Data Scripting Nirvana – Tomas Petricek, Isaac Abraham, Don Syme
- The Actor Model in F# and Akka.Net – Riccardo Terrell
- Tomas Petricek on F#, Type Providers, Functional and Reactive Programming
- Literate_programming.With(“F#”) – Tomas Petricek
- Look, No Mocks! Functional TDD with F# – Mark Seemann
- Proving Things About Biology – Samin Ishtiaq
- The Tools that Shape Us – Andrea Magnorsky
- FSCL (Homogeneous programming, scheduling and execution on heterogeneous platforms) – Gabriele Cocco/Ph.D. Thesis
- Streamline Your Vector Algebra With F# – Marc Sigrist
- Aggregation of WCPSS Tax Records with School Assignment – Jamie Dixon
- A more functionally idiomatic approach to Akka.NET – Claus Sørensen
- Getting wooed by F# – Pieter Koornhof
- Seven ineffective coding habits many F# programmers don’t have – Yan Cui
- NancyFx |> F# – Tiny Blue Robots
- Step-8 Adding Shopping Cart – Tamizh Vendan
- Web APIs vs RPC – Ryan Riley
- How to use the HDF5 Type Provider – Robert Nielsen
- POSTing JSON to an F# Web API – Mark Seemann
- Observing the size of generated test data – Nikos Baxevanis
- .NET F# to crack top 10 programming languages
- Philly Code Camp – 2015
- Code Quotations en F# – Alex Casquete
F# vNext News
- If you want a Cup<‘t> – participate in Visual F# Tools March 2015 Bug bash
- Recently proposed ideas:
- F# Data 2.2.0
- Paket 0.35.6
- FAKE 3.24.0
- Math.NET Numerics for F# 3.6.0
- FSharp.RDF 1.0.23
- FSharp.Quotation.Disassembler 0.1.0.2
- FSharp.Configuration 0.5.1
- Orleankka.Fsharp 0.7.1
- Aardvark.Base.FSharp 1.1.8
- Yaaf.FSharp.Scripting 1.0.5
- F# mode for Emacs(20150320.521)
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #10