27/04/2015 Leave a comment
Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- FsLab has a new web site! Check it out if you’re interested in data science and machine learning with F#!
- 2015 F# Software Foundation Board Campaign is underway. All candidate personal statements are now complete!
- New F# T-Shirt “F# Everything” was presented.
- Try F# is available in App Store.
- New Philadelphia F# User Group was announced.
- Photos from F# Exchange were published.
- bleis-tift presented FSharp.Quotations.Compiler.
- The big F# and open-source love story – Tomas Petricek
- Distributed computing done right? History of an azure project. – Hodza Nassredin
- Selling F# to enterprise.. Or, how to speak with managers? – Elena Denisenko
- Battlehack Raleigh – Jamie Dixon
- Comparing date range handling in C# and F# – Tomas Petricek
- A Simple Nowin F# Example – Mike Hadlow
- Azure DocumentDB and FSharp query style examples – Claus Sørensen
- Functional Design Pattern – Kunjan Dalal
- The Only 3 Apps You’ll Ever Write… – Phil Trelford
- Constructing a Trie in F# – Bret Colloff
- POSTing JSON to an F# Web API – Mark Seemann
- F# on Emacs with Spacemacs – Nikos Baxevanis
- Ways to get NullReferenceException in F# – Zeckul
- Fsharp types as a composition of smaller ones. – Hodza Nassredin
- My Takeaways in web app development in F#. In a nutshell Python + ,NET = F# – Tamizh Vendan
- Finding unused code (F#) – Jef Claes
- Traditions vs Statistics: Sechseläuten – Natallie Baikevich
F# vNext News
- Notes and Guidance on FSharp.Core.
- Do you want to change the add type provider warning dialog? Join the discussion!
- Want to be an F# OSS Dev? Checkout these up-for-grabs issues.
- Recently proposed ideas:
- Paket 1.2.0
- FSharp.Charting 0.90.10
- FSharp.Azure.StorageTypeProvider 1.2.0
- FSharp.Formatting 2.9.2
- EventStore.Client F# API 4.0.0
- Aardvark.Base.FSharp 1.1.13
- Yaaf.FSharp.Scripting 1.1.1
- R.NET F# Utility 0.1.14
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #16