Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Do not waste your time and jump in F# OSS development starting from Up For Grabs issues.
- Visual F# PowerTools v1.4.5 are published with fixes for annoying bugs on F# project system and unused opens.
- FAKE 3.4 is released with a HipChat notification helper, fixes to FAKE.Deploy, and some Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android helpers.
- F# semantic syntax highlighting is available in Xamarin Studio!
- Reed Copsey, Jr. is posted an update on the F# logo project.
- Taha Hachana is shared “Creating Google Maps charts with FsPlot“.
- Check out the F# sessions at October’s SVCC.
- “Circular Calculations” is a new F# Coding Dojo from Liam McLennan.
- iFSharp Notebook v2.0.1 is released.
- FSharp.Data v2.0.14 is out.
Core and Lang News
- Please take a look at FAKE script for Visual F#, try it and comment.
- Recently accepted PRs:
- “fix error message in set” by Jack Pappas.
- “F# Interactive freezes when printing values with very long lines” by Vladimir Matveev.
- “instruction identifiers should be marked as literals to help the compiler optimize code using them” by Jack Pappas.
- “change verifyseqsequal error message” by Patrick McDonald.
- “optimizer literals” by Jack Pappas.
- Recently proposed PRs (Please review and comment):
- Mårten Rånge works on performance optimizations for F# expression.
- “FParsec Hands On – F#unctional Londoners 2014” by Phillip Trelford.
- “Write Clean Code using the Pipelining Operator in F#” with Jorge Fioranelli.
- “F# News – Aug-2014” with Troy Kershaw.
- Amir Barylko blogged “Acceptance Testing Made Easy with F# and Canopy Why acceptance testing?“.
- Mårten Rånge wrote about “Abstractions vs Performance, a compiler perspective“.
- Ryan Riley posted “Bundling and Minification with Web Essentials“.
- Larry O’Brien blogged “Xamarin.Forms Programming in F#“.
- Steve Link wrote about “Developing an ISeries Intranet Based LOB Application“.
- Karlkim Suwanmongkol posted “Trying numl on OSX with F# and Xamarin“.
- David Falkner blogged “Reason #714 that I’m loving F#: Discriminated Unions“.
- Andrea Magnorsky wrote “F#n and games“.
- Phil Trelford posted “FParsec Tutorial“.
- Alex Hardwicke blogged “Pattern Matching“.
- masuda wrote “最新の FsYacc/lex 環境で chulang を作成するときのメモ“.
- htid46 shared “F# のデバッグ方法 #fsharp“.
- masuda posted “TypeProviderで生成したクラスをC#で使うための方法“.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #34