Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Visual Studio 2013 was released.
- If you are interested in getting involved in the F# community please visit FSSF page and add your name to the members list.
- Dmitry Morozov presented SqlCommand Type Provider with samples!
- Dave Thomas presented navigation feature for F# within Xamarin Studio.
- New F# sample project was added to xBehave.net.
- Open challenge: rewriting the FAKE globbing stuff in idiomatic F#.
- New opportunities:
- New bunch of improvements were added to Matlab Type Provider.
- Check out the new F# book from No Starch Press.
- Check out F# event on lanyrd.com.
- Try Math Symbol extension for VS.
- “Software for Programming Cells” by Andrew Phillips.
- “Announcing a totally open game development process!” by Captain B-Rye. (using pure functional programming with F#)
- Michael Newton shared “Introducing F# to Experienced Developers”.
- Nicolas Rolland posted “Heaps“.
- Neil Danson shared:
- Gustavo Guerra blogged “F# for Screen Scraping“.
- Isaac Abraham wrote about “An Azure Type Provider for F# – first steps“.
- Anton Tayanovskyy posted “Last word in .NET build systems“.
- Lev Gorodinski blogged “Object-oriented Design Patterns From a Functional Perspective“.
- Natallie Baikevich wrote about “[F#] Dev Life’s Little Pleasures“.
- Sergey Tihon shared “‘F# Minsk : Getting started’ was held“.
- Tsunami wrote about “App Store for the rest of us“.
- Cameron Taggart posted “TFS with F# Make“.
- Matt Ball blogged “Test-first F# With Acceptance Testing and the REPL“.
- Jack Fox presented “FSharpTest: F# VS Test Project Template” (template).
- Onorio Catenacci shared “Prerequisites For F# and Android Development“.
- Anthony Brown posted “Adding animation to the platformer“.
- Mathias Brandewinder blogged “Safe refactoring with Units of Measure“.
- Mark Seemann wrote “Easy ASP.NET Web API DTOs with F# CLIMutable records“.
- Phil Trelford posted:
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #41