F# Weekly #12, 2013
25/03/2013 2 Comments
Welcome to F# Weekly,
Using this weekly, I would like to introduce Nando de Freitas for everyone who interested in machine learning. He is a machine learning professor at UBC. He has an excellent YouTube channel with lots of interesting lectures. Follow him if you are interested.
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- If you want F# support in Azure Mobile Services, please vote.
- Functional Programming course with materials in OCaml & F#.
- F# 3.0.25 is available on FreeBSD.
- An interesting discussion: how much should MS support/advocate F#?
- Meet Mac CorePlot bindings for Mono( F#-only) by Natallie Baikevich.
- Announce of FsMachines – A stream processing library for F#.
- Sequence verification support & quick method setup was included into Foq 0.9.
- Completion via menus in F# Emacs is coming soon to a package repository near you.
- A great answer to the question: “When should you use (or not) Math.NET linear algebra?“.
- WebSharper.Google.Maps extension is an open source now.
- F# Notebook supports TEX equations and publishing from now.
- MbUnit.FSharp was released on NuGet.
- Extending async with await on tasks was published.
- Playing with the regObs OData API using F#.
- “F# needs an Akka. Fakka anyone?“
- Richard Broida talks on Asynchronous Programming with C#, VB.NET and F# at Bennett Adelson .NET SIG.
- “Excel-Funky-Functions-With-Tsunami” by Mathias Brandewinder.
- “F#, Type Providers, Functional and Reactive Programming” by Tomas Petricek.
- “Deploying Web Apps to the Cloud (Part 1)” by Tsunami IDE.
- Adam Granicz (Intellifactory) @ MLOC.JS
- Jack Fox posted “F#: Already Engineered for Testability“.
- Mike Harris wrote about “Letter Occurrence“.
- Anton Tayanovskyy published “Automate, automate, automate..“.
- Taha Hachana shared “Canvas Drawing With WebSharper” with online demo.
- Simon Cousins blogged “JSON Converter for F# Map Type“.
- Adil Akhter wrote “UVa 136. Ugly Numbers“.
- Loic Denuziere announced “New FPish feature: E-mail notification“.
- Ryan Riley blogged “Web API and Dynamic Data Access“.
- Sergey Tihon published ““Why F#?” by F# Weekly“.
- Don Syme posted “Asynchronous Programming: From F# to Python“.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #11