People a faced with challenges trying to install F# interactive plugin for Notepad++ (example). I am not an exception, going through all of this I want to share my experience.
- First of all download latest version of the Notepad++ and install it (default installation settings). For today it is Notepad++ 6.1.5 (Jul 16 2012)
- Download NPPFSIPlugin Version 0.1.1.
- Extract dll from achieve and copy it to Notepad++\plugins\ folder. On the my Win7 64bit machine it is c:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\plugins\.
- Open or re-open you Notepad++ application.
- Go to Plugins\F# Interactive\Options menu item.
- Specify Binary Path to fsi.exe file.
F# 2.0 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft F#\v4.0\fsi.exe
F# 3.0 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\F#\3.0\Framework\v4.0\fsi.exe
Before use this paths check that you you have installed appropriate version of F# in that
- Save you changes. Now it should work.
Alt+T to open F# interactive
Alt+Enter to to send selected text to F# Interactive
It is also very nice to have a F# syntax highlighting.
- Download xml file with user definition language for Notepad++ from here or here.
- Rename file to userDefineLang.xml.
- Replace ext=”fs” to ext=”fs fsi fsx” in the file.
- Copy this file to %APPDATA%\Notepad++\ folder. (for more details go here )
Path should be like this : C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++
- Restart Notepad++.
Note: If you already have such file open both. (instructions is copied from here)
- Select all of the new file, copy, and paste at the end of the current file
- Delete </NotepadPlus><NotepadPlus> pair in the middle (remove 2 lines)
P.S. Post moved from http://sergey-tihon.blogspot.com/