F# Weekly #45, 2013
11/11/2013 1 Comment
F# seriously damages team productivity. I keep shouting “Come look at this” and they do.
— Richard Dalton (@richardadalton) November 5, 2013
Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- New to F#? Post your code to the CodeReview SE for feedback!
- Try Joinads (F# research extension for concurrent, parallel and asynchronous programming) right in your browser.
- New thread with discussion of the potential F# new features.
- Mark Watts works on Slumber (An F# REST framework).
- Open source StaticSiteGenerator (made in F#) by Thomas Hilbert.
- Bunch of improvements were pushed in the R type provider.
- Example of SignalR with F-Sharp (and Silverlight 5).
- F# mode for Emacs on MELPA.
- F# SoftRenderer is F# 3D soft engine.
- FSharpTest v1.1 (Project template) was released.
- “F# Eye for the C# guy – Øredev 2013” by Phil Trelford. (slides)
- “F# R Type Provider Demo” by Mathias Brandewinder with bonus French voice-over
- “F# for Trading – Øredev 2013” by Phil Trelford.
- “Functional Principles for OO” by Jessica Kerr.
- Mikael Helldén posted “The Road Ahead“.
- Mikael Helldén wrote “Book review: Building Web, Cloud, and Mobile Solutions with F# by Daniel Mohl“.
- Daniel Mohl blogged “F# Web Programming Session (slides and examples) at Progressive F# Tutorials 2013“.
Krzysztof Cieślak blogged:
- Computer.org posted “Special Issue on New Directions in Programming Languages“.
- Daniel Mohl presented “A New Home for the F# Community Project Templates“.
- Jack Fox posted “FSharpTest: F# VS Test Project Template“.
- Tomas Petricek blogged “The F# Computation Expression Zoo (PADL’14)“.
- Richard Dalton wrote about “F# and Databases Part Deux (Parameters)“.
- Sergey Tihon posted “F# Interactive “branding”“.
- Phil Haack wrote “Dealing with Multiplatform Project Files“.
- Martin Trojer blogged “This year in F#“.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #44