03/03/2014 Leave a comment
Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- “I strongly encourage F# users on Windows to try out RuyJIT and send feedback – VIP it works well for F# code.” Don Syme.
- F# Milano user group was registered.
- F# Power Tools 0.3.1 was released with such features as rename refactoring and improved reference highlighting.
- If you would like to do F# cross-project rename refactoring and find all references in XS and VS please join the discussion.
- Check the Nu Game Engine – a new purely functional 2D game engine written in F#!
- ExcelProvider and GraphProvider were moved to a new home.
- FSharp Composable Extensions were presented.
- HadoopFs (A lightweight F# implementation of the Hadoop Streaming API) was presented.
- Mono 3.2.7 was out.
- Msmq Type provider is coming to FSharp.Management.
- SqlCommandProvider v 1.2.28 was released.
- FSharp.Data 2.0.0 beta 2 was published to NuGet.
- List of F# Consultants was published.
- Interested in F# code review online? Try Code Review on SO.
- F# Software Foundation Year in Review
- “Time for Functions” by Simon Cousins.
- “F# MVC for WPF” by Dmitry Morozov.
- “F# FizzBuzz type provider” by James Freiwirth.
- “Concurrency in F#” by Riccardo Terrell.
- Philip Davis blogged “Learning to Code F# with Robot Turtles“.
- Will Smith posted “What’s Going On? F#“.
- Phil Brooks wrote about “Mortality Manager Version 001“.
- Anthony Brown blogged “New type provider – Brainfuck“.
- Jamie Dixon wrote “Restaurant Classification Via the Yellow Pages API Using F#“.
- James D’Angelo posted “Quick and Dirty Command Bus with F#“.
- Phil Trelford blogged “F# Eye for the VB Guy“.
- Loïc Denuzière wrote about “F# query expressions and composability“.
- Sacha Barber presented “F#2 FSI Environment“.
- Kit Eason blogged “F# Syntax You Didn’t Know (Maybe)“.
- Anton Kropp posted “Debugging F# NUnit equals for mixed type tuples“.
- Simon Cousins wrote “It Only Multiplies Three Numbers“.
- Cameron Taggart presented “Source Indexing FSharp.Compiler.Service on AppVeyor“.
- Marcin Juraszek blogged “Learning F# and solving Digit Recognizer competition on kaggle“.
- Michael Newton posted “Single File Websites With Suave“.
- Simon Dickson wrote “F# 3.1 as C# 6.0 Strict Mode“.
- Chao-Jen Chen wrote about “F#: Capture market depth data from InteractiveBrokers“.
- Mathias Brandewinder blogged “Learning from mistakes: Winnow Algorithm in F#“.
- Andre Pemmelaar posted “Unit Testing Sequences of Events using TestCaseSource, FsUnit, and Xamarin“.
- Phil Trelford wrote about “NorDevCon 2014“.
- Anthony Brown posted “Looking at the details of F#’s duck typing“.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #8