18/08/2014 Leave a comment
Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Visual F# PowerTools v1.4.0 is out with graying out unused opens, full support for VS 14 and much more besides.
- Vote for “Support for collectible assemblies” if you want to see more improvements for F# Type Providers and REPL.
- FSharp.Compiler.Service v0.0.59 is out.
- FSharp.Formatting & FSharp.Formatting.CommandTool v2.4.21 are out.
- FSharp.Data.SqlClient v1.3.2 is out.
- F# Azure Storage Type Provider v1.1.0 is out.
- CloudSharper v0.9.16 is out, allowing you to develop custom editors.
- Akka.FSharp v0.6.3 is out.
- Adam Granicz shared “PhoneJS for WebSharper sample“.
- Interested in the best options for serialization in F#? Checkout the FsPickler performance page.
- Sindunata Sudarmaji created chocolatey package for Visual F# Tools.
- Taha Hachana shower “jQuery Image Carousel“.
Core and Lang News
- Help Visual F# Team out by trying the release candidate for Visual F# Tools 3.1.2.
- Patrick Mcdonald implemented a F# 4.0 feature (implement skipwhile) – review his PR.
- ‘Cannot add reference to F# PCL project‘ F#issue is fixed.
- PluralSight course “F# Functional Data Structures” with Kit Eason.
- A new Course “F# via Machine Learning” with Mathias Brandewinder was announced.
- “FSharp.Data Poster” by Tomas Petricek.
- Juan M Gómez blogged “Hello CocosSharp from FSharp!“.
- Phil Trelford posted “Running TAP“.
- Ryan Riley shared:
- Richard Dalton presented:
- Ronnie Holm posted “Querying Azure Active Directory through Azure Graph API with F#“.
- Andrew Cherry wrote:
- Marius Schulz posted “Learn the Basics of F# with Project Euler“.
- Ashley Towns blogged “Running .Net on heroku“.
- Jamie Dixon wrote “Controlling Servos Using Netdunio and Phidgets“.
- masuda posted:
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #32